Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful for Music

Music is a wonderful gift of God.  It has the power to lift the spirits, soothe or excite.  Think about the movies you watch.  Often the soundtrack influences the emotions you feel as you are watching the story.

The bible has some good advice about music:

Ephesians 5:19 (NKJV)

speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 


Paul repeats this again in Colossians 3:16.   This is a good way to keep yourself in the right frame of mind.

As a worship leader, I try to pick songs that get people excited, then songs that give praise to God for who He is, and then end with songs that get people in a prayerful spirit. I am thankful there are so many from which I can choose.

Yes, I am thankful for music.  Think how boring life would be if there were none!






All during the month of November, I will be sharing my gratitude for all God has given me. I'm joining Joyful Reader on her Giving Thanks Challenge at her blog, Encouragement for Daily Bible Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.