November is the month for thankfulness, and I've enjoyed posting daily and giving thanks for one of the many blessings God has given me. I truly believe a child of God should be practicing gratitude every day of his or her life. I love Friday's Fave Five because participating weekly helps me to remember the simple blessings of every day life. If you'd like to join us in this faith-building exercise, link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story and share 5 highlights from your past week.
1. I got a Kindle application for my i-Pad and I've been enjoying free e-books. What a deal! This week, I read SEAL OF GOD by Chad Williams for free. Loved it!
2. This week was a three day work week. Things went well and I was able to comfortably do five days work in three, and even work a couple hours on next Monday afternoon's scheduled tasks. Loved it!
3. Tuesday evening, I did something I rarely do: nothing. That's right, I did not cook dinner, I came straight home and vegged out on the couch and watched 3 straight hours of "What Not To Wear." (Jim and Liss were gone to an "away" basketball game - the first of the season.) Everyone needs a time of being lazy and that was mine. Loved it!
4. Feasting on Thanksgiving, of course, was great. Baby girl made it home to eat with us. The only thing better would have been if Janae and Daniel had been able to come, also; but not always having the whole family home for the holidays is a fact of life when your kids are living away from home. I was glad to know the family recipes passed down to Janae paid off and her photo of her turkey looked yummy. Loved it!
5. Time off: We have some fun things planned for this evening and tomorrow looks like a light day. Extra free time? What's not to love!
Thus ends another week on the Journey. I hope this season of thankfulness helps everyone to see the many blessings, great and small, that we enjoy. Jesus said He came to give us abundant life. Let's be grateful for every second of it.