Friday, October 19, 2012

FFF-10-19-12

Another week has whizzed by here on the Journey, and it's time to review some of the blessings it contained:

1. Favorite Meal: It was another blessing to not have to cook on Sunday, since we took advantage of getting take-out at Tom's Place, the new restaurant down the road.  The menu this week was the ultimate comfort food, chicken and dressing.  As I told Mrs. Tom, "Thanks for cooking today so that I didn't have to."  Evidently I wasn't the first lady to tell her the same thing. It's great to grab dinner, come home and eat it in the comfort of my own home, and then head off to bed for an afternoon of napping. If we time it just right, we have 3 hours to spend sleeping!  

2.  Favorite Photo:  No time for taking new photos this week, but I'm sharing one of my favorite fall photos I took at the start of the season:



Love the texture in this photo, and the green of the acorn is the perfect shade ... I want to paint something that color.  Do you suppose Lowes could match it?

3.  Favorite Post to write:  I've been busily working away on my 31 Day series on Encouragement.  So far, I'm on Day 19.  In fact, as I look back on my week, all I can see is writing, writing, writing.  I'm excited that I have not run out of ideas yet.  However, today, I've picked my post, "Someday I'm Going To Retire," as my favorite.  I've been dreaming what it would be like to have unlimited time to indulge all my passions.

4.  Favorite Quote:  I love this quote by Tozer:

He may sometimes chasten us, it is true, but even this He does with a smile, the proud, tender smile of a Father who is bursting with pleasure over an imperfect but promising son who is coming every day to look more and more like the One whose child he is.1
1Warren W. Wiersbe, The Best of A. W. Tozer (Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 1978), 120-122.

I want this to be true in my own life.

5.  Favorite New Product:  On a more practical level, I thought I would share a product I've been using the last couple weeks that I love:  Glade's Sense and Spray in the Apple Cinnamon Fragrance.  A lot of apple fragrances are just too strong for me, but this is one I love.  I've been using it at the office, and every time I come in, it smells like my favorite craft store.  I just feel I'm in a happy place.

Thus ends the third week in October on the Journey.  Let me know how your week went.  You can comment or link up at Susanne's place, Living to Tell the Story.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your list of faves!! I especially like that quote by Tozer...what an amazing man! and I LOVE that photo....I am guessing Lowes could match it. We just did our bedroom last winter and they totally got me the shade of blue-green I wanted.....they are GOOD! Enjoy a quiet, restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken and dressing sounds wonderful -- especially for not having to cook it! I wish we had a comfort food place near here.

    What a neat photo that one with the acorn is!

    That's a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Imperfect but promising" -- I love that!

    What a great acorn photo. And I love anything apple cinnamon!

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely sure they can fix you right up with acorn shaded paint! Just let us know what you end up painting. Looks fun!

    Now I must look up Tozer. New to me. You've taught me something today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I also have to say that I too have begun dreaming of retirement and having enough time. Must be our stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the smell of cinnamon and apple! I've got it burning right now!

    I love not cooking on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That green is so sweet -- I don't know how well my computer screen replicated the color you saw with your own eyes, but it is very pretty. And you can probably get a match. I agree with Laura -- "imperfect but promising" is very hopeful indeed. Enjoy your 31-day writing challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.