Monday, October 22, 2012

Daybook-10.22.12

FOR TODAY, Monday, October 22


Outside my window...63° already and it is supposed to be in the 80s today - of course, since I just unpacked fall clothing ....


I am thinking...of church friends that decided to move on ...

I am thankful...for my family and my snug little home (that's paid for!)

In the kitchen...spaghetti and garlic bread

I am wearing... black slacks, black cami with a cream, brown and black animal print blouse.  Black sandals.

I am creating... blogposts for my 31 Days of Encouragement series.  The last third of this series will be on encouraging ourselves by focusing on the rewards of serving Christ.

I am going...out to lunch with a friend

I am wondering... what I'll write about after my 31 Day series is over!

I am reading... the book of Jonah.  It's interesting that when the Assyrians repented, they even put sackcloth and ashes on their animals!

I am hoping... for better days and renewed strength

I am looking forward to...a train ride with friends to Centralia this weekend

Around the house... a few dust bunnies and a fridge that needs cleaning, otherwise things are good.

I am pondering... what Jesus thinks of the things we do in our churches ...

A favorite quote for today...

If you are weak today, in need of being carried, lift your arms toward your heavenly Father and say, "Carry me, Abba" (Romans 8:15). When we are weak, His love is strong (2 Corinthians 12:10). … David Jeremiah, Turning Point Devotional 10/10/12

One of my favorite things...an evening at home.  I'm such a homebody!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  more 31 Day blogging and no meetings this week! Yay!

A peek into my day...



I'm ready to go out to the lake again and soak up sunshine, peace and quiet.


Daybooks were created by Peggy Hostetler.  To link up, visit her site, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a deep thought to be pondering. Our family just watched a movie last night called The Time Changer, and it really has me thinking along the same lines.

    Enjoy your train ride and the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, cleaning the fridge. I had to clean mine today because a container of rice milk spilled all over the bottom. Glad it is clean now though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i want the home that's paid for and the speghetti and garlic bread....!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.