Monday, October 1, 2012

Daybook - 10-01-12

Today is the start of the fourth quarter!  I can't believe how quickly the days of 2012 are going by ....

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, OCTOBER 1

Outside my window...overcast, 57°

I am thinking... about ways we can encourage others and ourselves

I am thankful...that I've always been able to encourage myself.

In the kitchen... Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup

I am wearing... Black slacks, black, white, and purple animal print twinset.  I'm wearing heels and trouser socks today instead of my beloved sandals.  (A drawback, but I will gladly wear shoes if it means cooler temps!)

I am creating... a series of posts on encouragement

I am reading..."Harmless As Doves" by  P. L. Gaus

Around the house... some dusting needs to be done.  :(

A favorite quote for today...


Take my heart and mold it; take my mind, transform it; take my will, conform it--to Yours, to Yours, to Yours.
Micah Stampley in "Take My Life (Holiness)" 

I want to be transformed and conformed.  Only He can do that in me ...
 
One of my favorite things... road trips with my hubby.  This weekend, we visited Whippoorwill Lake in southeast Missouri.  It was a gorgeous peaceful day with the weather being perfection.

A few plans for the rest of the week: posting every day and trying my hand at digital scrapbooking.

A peek into my day...



 Whippoorwill Lake


Daybooks are the brainchild of Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her site, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea...
    I like your post today! I will be following your 31 days and I'm sure be very encouraged! Thank you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't see the Daybook in a while--I've always loved it. You have such a calming voice on your blog. I like that. :o)

    Lisa@ All That and a Box of Rocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love road trips with my husband also. We went to Nashville today. On the old roads to see the old towns. I like your 31 day idea. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thank you for this excellent & thoughtful post, so full of ideas.. it is helpful & your post motivated me..thank

    Online Diploma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.