Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29 - Be Encouraged: You're Gonna Wear A Crown



When little girls pretend, they love to dress up as a princess, complete with a tiara. The bigger and more sparkly the crown, the more they love it.

Child of God, did you know that you will one day also have a crown?


2 Timothy 4:8 (NIV)  

Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

James 1:12 (KJV)

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1 Peter 5:4 (KJV)

And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

I see at least three crowns that the one who endures to the end will receive:  crown of righteousness, crown of life and a crown of glory.

I'm thinking that heavenly bling will outshine anything earth has to offer ...

And yet, there is something I long to receive in heaven even more than crowns.  Come back tomorrow to learn more.If you'd like to read the entire 31 Days of Encouragement series, click here.

1 comment:

  1. I needed to read this, Jerralea, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.