Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12 - Be More Than Conquerors



I can see why so many never attempt to do anything for Christ.


Because as soon as you determine you want to encourage others, discouraging things happen.

I don't want my readers to think I have never been discouraged. Far from it.  When I started my 31 Day series on encouragement, immediately my mojo fell apart.  Things happened at work.  The enemy attacked my mind by whispering to me all my flaws and insecurities.  (I'm not going to tell you what they are.  You know, the devil cannot read your mind, but really he doesn't have to bother with that.  We freely tell him all he needs to know by the words of our mouth - or the typing of our fingers!)

Maybe you think it is easy for some Christians to spout off bible verses and happy sayings because they don't know what your life is like.  I'm here to say we do know how real life is.  EVERYBODY has something they are dealing with - it's just that some might not talk about it.


In the past, I've dealt with an alcoholic parent, infertility, bipolar disorder, losing a job, my husband losing a job, disability, dwindling bank accounts, being pregnant with no insurance, death of loved ones, a child making heartbreaking choices, a flood destroying my home, and so on and so on.

I only tell you these things because I want you to know that EVERY time I faced a devastating trial, God has lifted me up. Most of the time He didn't make my problem miraculously go away, but He always walked through it with me.

I want to encourage you today with this word:

Romans 8:37-39 (KJV)

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Nothing that happens to you can make Christ leave you.  One of Christ's names is Emmanuel - God With Us.

He will help you conquer any trouble that comes your way.  Because He is greater than any problem you will ever have.  

Be encouraged - you are more than a conqueror through Him - because He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.