I love fall! It's my favorite season of all. Here are ten reasons why:
10. Fall decor. Scarecrows, pumpkins, leaves - what's not to like? It's a time of the year when creativity abounds. Decorators use so many natural elements in their vignettes. I've seen people even use feathers and antlers in their displays. (Did you know that you can get fake antlers and deer heads?)
9. Candles: Along with the fall decor, I love candlelight. Evening comes quicker in the fall, and it just makes everything cozy when candles are lit. I'm all about ambiance!
8. Cover Up: There's something just comforting about curling up in my favorite recliner with a warm fuzzy throw. (Mine is a cheetah printed one.) Fall is a time to break out the afghans, throws and (dare I say it?) the Snuglis!
7. Mums the word:. Fall is the time of the year they are in bloom. This year, I have a big yellow mum. So cheery to look at!
6 .Turn, Turn, Turn: the season of turning leaves brings me joy. I love it when the leaves are shades of ruby, yellow and orange. God is such a master designer!
5. Baby, It's C-C-Cold Outside: love to savor warm drinks when fall comes. I'm still loving my Folgers Caramel Drizzle coffee each morning, and I also love to sip Irish Breakfast Tea - no matter what time of day I'm relaxing.
4. Comfort foods: I'm so excited to have chili back in our diet as a weekly staple. I also love soups and stews throughout fall and winter.
3. Boots and Cardigans: Can I just say that I love me some fall apparel? I have much cuter clothes for fall and winter and I can't wait to wear them!
2. Candy Corn: Yum! I love candy corn, both to eat, and to set out in beautiful dishes with my fall decor.
1. Cooler temps: The number one reason I love fall is the cooler temperatures. My idea of Heaven is 70° days and 50° nights. I also love when the weather requires neither air conditioning nor heating. It's so refreshing when you can leave the windows open.
The above post was written in response to prompt #5, at Writer's Workshop, "Fall is here! List your top 10 favorite things about this Fall season." Link up at Kathy's blog, Mama's Losin' It.