Monday, August 20, 2012

Daybook-08.20.12

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, AUGUST 20

Outside my window...
64° and awesome!

I am thankful...for my family, immediate and extended.  I'm grateful for all of them.

In the kitchen...Ham one day, ham and beans another, grilled pork steak ... Goodness, I didn't realize I had planned such a "porky" week.  I may have to do some adjusting ....

I am wearing...khaki pants, leopard tank top with a cardi over it.

I am going...no where this week other than work - no meetings!  :)

I am reading...FIVE MILES SOUTH OF PECULIAR by Angela Hunt.  I'm enjoying it very much.

I am looking forward to... an early bedtime!

I am learning .. my limitations

Around the house... everything is in fairly good shape, nothing HAS to be done this week.

I am pondering... things our speaker at church touched upon - Is one of the reasons we don't hear from God is just that we don't want to?  Once we hear from Him, we are responsible to do our part.  If we don't hear, are we "off the hook?"

A favorite quote for today...

"But sometimes God doesn’t speak through the wind, the thunder and storm. He lowers His voice so that we’re forced to get quiet and still if we want to hear." - Beth Moore, Living Proof Ministries Blog.

Isn't it funny how once you have heard something, God will reinforce it again and again.  I've been hearing a lot about getting still lately.  Just this past Sunday morning, I heard it again during the sermon.  And now, surfing the LPM blog, I see it again.  BE STILL!

One of my favorite things... a well-made bed ...

A few plans for the rest of the week: to do nothing!  I wonder how successful I will be?

A peek into my day...

Good Old Fashioned Candy
at Mast General Store, Boone, NC
(and Yes, I did get a bag full!)


The Daybook is the creation of Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her site, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. What a great quote and all that candy looks scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That candy looks yummy :) Did you get what I left you at my last post?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.