Monday, July 2, 2012

Daybook-07.02.12

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, JULY 2

Outside my window...
we're having a heat wave!  Praying for rain ....

I am thinking... how blessed I am!

I am thankful...
for air conditioning and that seasons never last forever.

In the kitchen... spaghetti and garlic bread tonight; the rest of the week there will be lots of grilling going on.

I am wearing...khaki capris and turquoise button-front blouse and my yard-sale cork wedges!

I am creating...an attitude of gratitude (still)

I am reading... a book by Tim Downs, "The Search Committee."  Since I was just involved in a pastor search, I should be able to relate to these characters. (Especially since they seem kind of nutty ...)

I am looking forward to...first of August. I'll be on vacation and we are going to Tennessee to see my sister.  My mom will be there, too.

Around the house... some dusting needs to be done -- and I still have music sheets to be filed ... boo!

I am pondering... the effects of busyness

A favorite quote for today...
But I keep asking myself – am I too busy to care?
… Carol Hatcher, Sheep to the Right, “Making Time to Care”  06.05.12

One of my favorite things... smoothies for breakfast!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Wednesday is July 4th and a day off, so I'll be chillin' at home, Thursday, company coming! Sunday is Jim's birthday and Malia is coming for dinner!

A peek into my day...


Stylin' my yard sale cork wedges (3"!)




The Daybook is  a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies in the a.m. too. So refreshing. I use soy milk to get some protein. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish we had family that we could visit on holidays. But they all live right where we do. Enjoy your time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.