Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thrifty Tablescape

This past Saturday, my daughter and I went yard salin'.  I have to say it was a bust.  Neither of us found much and it was HOT HOT HOT with lots of humidity.  It's just mid-June!

I did find an aqua Ball canning jar for a quarter, AND these awesome placements, 4 for $1.  Paired with a black tablecloth, a turquoise vase from Dollar General, flowers from Hobby Lobby for 67¢ a stem, and black plates picked up from Goodwill a couple years ago, I think it makes a very modern looking tablescape:



I forgot to take photos with the empty plates on the placements ... bad blogger!  On second thought, it's good for you to see food on the plate - you might want my recipe for Pressure Cooker Riblets. 

 
 
I'm linking this up with Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures at her blog, Southern Hospitality. Go see what other thrifters have found!

2 comments:

  1. so cute love the colors awesome score

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! My husband had a set of those same plates (dinner plates, luncheon plates and cereal bowls) when we got married. I think we are down to 2 plates and a cereal bowl but they bring back great memories!

    Great finds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.