Friday, June 22, 2012

Risky Business


On Fridays, I like to join in at The Gypsy Mama blog and write for 5 minutes on the word that Lisa-Jo has chosen.  Today she has chosen:

RISK

I define risk as taking a chance.  It seems to me that taking chances is an elemental part of life.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I felt another path picture was in order!
This week I have been thinking a lot about paths, and how God directs me.  First of all, there is risk in taking any path at all.  I mean, I could just stay where I am at.  Or could I?  It's a law of nature that one is either growing or decaying.  You lose ground just by standing there in indecision.

Sometimes our whole life is determined by a choice we make.  I remember when I was still living at home that I made the decision to come with my parents on vacation to visit my grandmother.  That one decision determined my future because that trip was the time I met my husband.  I may never have met him, married him and moved one thousand miles from home to be with him had I not went on vacation that year.

By going on vacation, I ultimately chose the father of my children!

Of course, if we worried that every decision made determined our destiny, we might get mired down by fear of making the wrong choice.

Which brings me back again to the scripture I wrote about last week:

Proverbs 3:5-6  New Living Translation (NLT)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take

You can depend that God will lead, nudge or even pull you into the direction you need to go ...  If you wholeheartedly trust Him!

Go on!  Take a chance!

STOP

3 comments:

  1. I needed this today: "You lose ground just by standing there in indecision."

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I read this multiple times, letting your words really sink in. I took a long time posting today, and perhaps it was so that I would chance to read your words- words I knew I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to stop by because I noticed we picked the same title for our post (smiles) except I put a question mark after mine. Great reminder about how indecision is its own decision. What a sweet story about meeting your husband.

    Blessings, and fyi: http://soulstops.com/post/2012/06/22/Risky-business.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I could just stay where I am at. Or could I?"

    What an insightful question! Too often we think that if we stay put, we're safe. But not necessarily. Not making a decision IS a decision.

    Excellent. Thanks, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.