Friday, April 27, 2012

Last April FFF for 2012!


Happy Friday to you all!  I've had a great week, hope you did, too.  I love to recap on Fridays the highlights of the previous week.  Join me, won't you?

1.  My favorite thing to do is, of course, write blog posts.  I had a pretty good week of posting.  It's hard to choose my favorites, because posts to a blogger are like children to a parent.  How can you love one more than the other?  They each contain a little part of you.  If I were to just pick one, though, it would be "Only One Eternity" because I love the illustration of the 3 stages of life.

2.  Favorite Photo(s):  Again, I couldn't just pick one.  For instance, I love this photo of a goose that decided the front of our church would be a good layover on his way back North.



Here he is in the church flowerbed.  I never realized geese were so BIG! Makes me wonder how they can fly ...

One of the church ladies brought some Spring flowers to the church.  I love fresh-picked flowers!



These photos were taken from our back yard.  The fields around our place are filled with some kind of yellow flower right now. I love the yellow fields against the blue skies.


3.  No favorite meals to report this week ... but can I just say that the chicken strip meal at Dairy Queen is on sale this month?   We picked up some for Tuesday night since I had a meeting.  Having takeout enabled me to actually be early for the meeting.  I love me some early!

4.  Quote of the week:

Regardless of the mess of your life, if Christ is Lord of your life — then you are the celebrant out dancing in a pouring rain of grace! Because when it’s all done and finished, all is well, and Christ already said it was finished.



I recommend you go read the whole post. (Just click on the link.) You'll be glad you did.

5.  Cool breezes and blue skies:  Is there anything better?  I so love this time of year that God created.  What an awesome gift!  When my hubby and I go walking laps on the track at the park, when we are done, we like to sit and rest at a certain bench.  I can feel the breeze on my neck and gaze at the trees and grasses in the park.  I think to myself, "And heaven will be so much more than this!  I don't see how it could be, but it will be. I have so much to look forward to as a child of God."  Gratitude wells up in my spirit!

This is a great world our Father created for us!  I hope you each go out this week and savor it!



If you'd like to share your weekly highlights, link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Wonderful Jerri! Blue skies and nice breezes are wonderful. I really do love Spring and am thankful to God for the beauty of it all. Glad you made it to that meeting early...

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

"Cast your lot with the Lord's people" -- I love that! And I enjoyed your favorite post this week, too.

We even had some of those spring breezes in FL this week. I do miss the seasons here.

Have a great week ahead.

Brenda said...

This IS a beautiful time of year with the weather and the flowers, glad you are enjoying it all.

Faith said...

what a wonderful list of faves....I can relate to all of them! I love the vibrant colors in your photos...and those flowers are gorgeous! what a thotful gift you received. I too enjoy Ann's posts..she is a very gifted writer!! have a great weekend

nikkipolani said...

Love it -- heaven will be this wonderful and much much more! I wonder if those yellow flowers are wild mustard... they're all over our hills right now. It's a beautiful time of year, isn't it?

Susanne said...

You have such a lovely field right outside your door.

Geese do get quite big. My crazy dog loves to chase them.