I'm back! Did you miss me? I was unable to participate in last week's Friday's Fave Five. I was in the Natural State, beautiful Arkansas!
1. We took the opportunity to visit Jim's brother during the Easter holiday. Spending time with family is always a highlight.
Jim's brother, Carl.
Our niece, Charity.
Computing must run in the family!
Carl is also daddy to Chance, the OCD poodle! Chance was cold so he went and found his sweater and brought it to Carl to put on him. Pretty smart thinking!
2. As we always do on road trips, we had to bring out our camera and get some photos of the local scenery. Star City Arkansas has a beautiful little town square:
Since this was a Southern town, there was a statue honoring Confederate soldiers.
Gorgeous Clock Tower - this park was immaculate!
The requisite War Memorial
The names of the native sons who gave their lives during World War 1
World War 2 Heroes
Korea and Viet Nam War Heroes
3. Then it was on to another one of my favorite things to do - go to the lake. I just love being around bodies of water! We went to Cane Creek State Park, and saw this curious lake - beautiful but with a mass of dead looking sticks in the middle. (I assume the sticks were cane!)
It was a gorgeous day with beautiful azure skies and white cottony looking clouds.
4. All good times must come to an end, so it seems, so we headed back home arriving in time for Easter. Here is our traditional Easter dinner - ham with hawaiian bread, baked beans, au gratin potatoes and deviled eggs. Of course, there were plenty of dyed Easter Eggs, jelly beans and Easter candy as well.
5. We sat down to a table decorated with my newest treasure, Blue Willow plates! I've been wanting these forever, and my hubby surprised me by giving me permission to get them when we found them in Arkansas.
Oh no! I just realized the plate was turned sideways in this picture! Oh well, I'm sure I will share photos of them again in some future tablescape.
And that wraps up Jerralea's week(s) for now.
How was your week? Would like to link up at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and share?