Monday, April 9, 2012

Daybook-04.09.12



FOR TODAY, MONDAY, APRIL 9TH

Outside my window...weather:  beautiful, but cool

I am thinking...I am glad to be home.  We went on a trip to Arkansas last week.  We had a great time, but it's always wonderful to be back home.

I am thankful...I got to see two of my daughters for Easter and my other daughter and son-in-law are coming home this week!


In the kitchen...ham and pinto beans with cornbread.  I'm using up the rest of the Easter ham.

I am wearing...my lime green shirt with a lime green, brown and cream skirt.  Since it's cool, I added a brown cardi to go with it. This outfit matches my new cream and lime green purse I found while thrifting this week.  Being color coordinated makes me happy!


I am hoping... the homemade laundry detergent my daughter and I made works well.  Tonight, we are going to try it out for the first time.

I am looking forward to...seeing my daughter and son-in-law.


Around the house...I've got an organizing project in mind for the bottom of the pantry cabinet.

A favorite quote for today...


Whenever I’m tempted to despair about the shape of American Christianity, I’m reminded that Jesus never promised the triumph of the American church; He promised the triumph of the church. Most of the church, in heaven and on earth, isn’t American. Maybe the hope of the American church is right now in Nigeria or Laos or Indonesia.
… Russell Moore article, The Next Billy Graham Might Be Drunk Right Now

This quote is definitely food for thought.  I admit I'm guilty of thinking of the "church" in context of being American, but that is not so.  It is a worldwide church!


One of my favorite things... is my new set of Blue Willow plates, saucers and cups that I found at the thrift / antique store in Arkansas.  I've been wanting Blue Willow forever.  My hubby is the greatest - he encouraged me to go back and buy them.

A few plans for the rest of the week: a visit to my sister-in-law, visiting with my kids, finishing up Psalm 10 for this week's bible study.

A peek into my day...



Even though my kids are grown, I must dye Easter Eggs at Easter time.  It's a family tradition! I love the bright colors ...




Peggy Hostetler is the creator of the Daybook.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

5 comments:

  1. Let us know how the homemade laundry detergent worked-out. I'm sure it should be fine, though I've never tired it.

    I liked your quote as well. It's easy for us to get caught in our own little world, thinking that God's church is only right where we live. Of course, this is not true. I'm guilty of this too, so don't feel bad. I think this happens with all of us.

    Your Easter eggs turned-out real nice! I hope you have a pleasant visit with your family latter this week. :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of your Easter eggs. This is the first year, ever that I didn't dye eggs. It will be the last. I missed doing it, and even my 18 year old was sad!

    I love having leftover ham. I have a bone in the freezer that I need to use for pea soup.

    I'd like to know how the laundry detergent works out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you still dye eggs!!! Enjoy the visit with your daughter and son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love traveling too, but there's no place like home. :-)

    It's funny that sometimes I've grabbed whatever shirt and shorts are handy, but if they're TOO mismatched--a red shirt with pink shorts--I can't stand to wear them together. Which is saying a lot for me because I am NOT fashion-inclined. ha.

    I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter this weekend too, but my new s-i-l won't be able to make it. Hope you enjoy your visits!

    I love your Easter eggs. We didn't dye any this year; sad. I'll have to do it next year even though I'll have no kids at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being color coordinated too! Your eggs came out beautiful. Glad your children are getting to come visit. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.