Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Random Dozen - October 13
1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)
Hors D'oeuvres is a word that I mispronounced the first time I saw it. I was not embarrassed because I first said it wrong in my head - no one ever knew until you asked me this question!
2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")
I am possibly the world's slowest texter so I am all in favor of using shortcuts.
3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.
The thing I remember most about my picture was being worried because I had a rash break out on my neck the week of my senior pictures. I have never had a rash there before or since, but I felt it was just my kind of luck for it to happen that way. (See, I used to be a negative thinker!) However, when the picture came out, you couldn't even see the rash. Yay! (Check back later, I'm going to scan that picture into this post tonight.)
What?? No question 4?
5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.
I was raised in Florida which is football country. Our school had a Pirate for a mascot. We had a great marching band with baton twirlers who even twirled their batons while they were on fire! (The batons, not the girls!) I can't specifically remember anything about homecoming other than there was always a parade the day of homecoming and the half-time show always included those flaming batons!
6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"
Well, I love them both, but since I love new beginnings, I'd say sunrise - the start of a new day.
7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"
Wow, hard to pick - I have a rather long list of things I'd like to do. Here's 4:
1. Become physically fit
2. Visit Prince Edward Island
3. Write something for publication
4. Speak at a women's retreat (other than at my own church!)
8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"
I have to admit that I am not an animal lover. I think some of them are pretty, but when you consider what some of them eat ... no way could I be one. I guess if I had to choose, I'd be a horse. If I were a horse, then I could realize a lifelong dream of running like the wind!
9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.
Ten years ago, I was learning to deal with my husband's disability. He had become disabled the year before and mistakenly I thought that after a year of almost complete bedrest, he would feel up to joining in with family life.
Also, ten years ago I was Supermom to my kids. They used to actually fight over who got to sit next to me at the table or in the car ... Seriously, we had to make a schedule on whose turn it was ... Nowadays, I can't even get them in the same car with me!
10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?
I hope not, because that kind of behavior is really really annoying.
11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"
Any food with caramel in it has to be a good food, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read this question was a candy - "Milky Way" bars.
12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)
This question requires some thought ... I first thought I would say "The Waltons" because John Boy seemed like a good big brother and I was tired of being the oldest child, but then I realized the Waltons were not fictional, they were a real family with different names.
I'd want to be a part of a family that had Christian values and that really loved and supported one another so I'm going to pick being one of the Baxter family featured in three of author Karen Kingsbury's series, "Redemption," "Fame" and "Sunrise Series."
These random questions were asked at Linda Crow's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you'd like to join in and link up, go here.