Monday, September 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - September 20, 2010




FOR TODAY, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2010

Outside my window
... a cool morning, just the way I like it.
I am thinking... of these words that I felt God impress upon me last night, "God will do whatever it takes to bring you into a right relationship with Him." I had been concerned about someone close to me.  I just felt that I had to once again place this person in God's hands and trust Him. 
I am thankful for...scripture that centers me and helps me to trust.  For example, Romans 8:28! "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
From the kitchen... crockpot barbecue.
I am wearing... khaki capris and a coral top.
I am creating... more photo collages.
I am going...to get my nails done after work. I hate to take the time to do it, but love how they look when they are finished!
I am reading... Lydia's Charm by Wanda Brunstetter ... still.
I am hoping... for an end to the heat!
I am hearing... hum of the fans working.
Around the house... laundry put up, everything in its place!  I wonder how long it will last?
One of my favorite things... a cool breeze
A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm thinking about going Saturday for one more time yard saling for the season.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



The sun is going down and making a path across Cedar Lake ...

Join other daybookers at Peggy Hostetler's Simple Woman's Daybook.

6 comments:

allisamazing said...

A beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing.
~Alana~

Elizabeth said...

I love the scripture you quoted. I feel like we need to be reminded of it over and over again. Everything will work out eventually...

Don't you just love yard sales? I enjoy thrifting, too.

Have a wonderful, spirit-filled day,
Elizabeth

Katharine said...

Thanks for stopping by,I loved your entry today..Crockpot barbecue sounds wonderful(Ilove, love, love my crockpot!)
Blessings on your Day!

A glimpse of me.... said...

Thanks for the reminder....I must put that "someone" in the Lords hand. I so stress over this daily.

LOVE my crock pot, too.

Enjoy your week with the cooler weather! So jealous, it' still in the 90's here.

Jill

cindy said...

Fabouls day, I love anything crock pot. East simple and ready when you are.

Yesterday I took four eye of the round steaks, poured in half a jar of salsa, chopped onion, green pepper and leeks. Everyone thought I had spent time preparing. The salsa is a great short cut.

I love your photo sharing.

Melli said...

I really LIKE this meme... I've never participated and I don't know how to fit it in now either - but I really LIKE it!