Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Random Dozen - Happy Fall
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? No, we're pretty average people ...
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military? I've had four uncles serve. My future son-in-law has just joined the army. He graduates boot camp in about a week.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you. I'm very patriotic and I feel patriotism rise up in me anytime I see the flag, or hear our national anthem or see any of our monuments. Also, I get teary eyed whenever one of our athletes is on the podium at the Olympics and receives a medal!
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality? I am a firstborn and I definitely have all the firstborn characteristics. I do think birth order accounts for a lot.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents. My granny Violet loved everybody all the time. I hope that I can always be as loving.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo? Now that the style is to NOT wear pantyhose, I like wearing skirts best ... but in the winter, I mostly wear pants.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep? I wake up one to two times a night, but I always go right back to sleep. I just hit the pillow, close my eyes, and I'm out. It's a gift ...
8. Share a favorite movie quote. The first thing that popped in my head when I read this question was "ET Phone Home." I used to know some quotes from Napoleon Dynamite ( I work with youth pastors) but now I can't remember them.
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent? cinnamon
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to? making chili and stews
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently. Our car insurance didn't go up when I thought it would. We have 5 drivers on our policy, 3 of which are accident prone!
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be? It was awkward. I first met them at a family dinner that my finace invited me to attend. He has four other siblings. There was so many loud conversations going on at the same time, it was very overwhelming. I just sat there and marveled.
What would you have answered to these questions? Join Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee and share!