Ahhh... the end of another work week! Fridays, how I love them! I also love to participate in Susanne's Friday's Fave Five, an exercise that encourages us to look back and find five highlights of our week to share.
1. My number one highlight this week has to be a new air conditioner. You might ask, didn't you get a new air conditioner compressor for your van this summer? Yes. Yes, we did. I'm not going to dwell on the unfairness that both my home and vehicle air conditioners needed to be replaced in the same year. I'm just going to be thankful that we were able to do it. Now, it's cool and comfortable in my house. As a woman that sometimes suffers with hot flashes, this is veryyyy important! Added bonus: this air conditioner is much quieter than our old one!
2. Last bloom of the season: Because of the terrible heat and little rain the last two months, I have not gotten too many blooms on my hibiscus bush. Since it cooled down, I have one last perfect bloom:
3. I've shared before how much I love decluttering and organizing. I just don't have time to do it much. But this week, I managed to clean up my desk! It looks so much better, I had to take a picture. First, here is my desk BEFORE:
It's not all that bad, but cluttery. Unfortunately, I'm a piler, not a filer!
Here is the AFTER:
Now I can write!
4. I ran across this scripture passage the other day, and it just spoke volumes to me:
"And so we keep on praying for you, that our God will make you worthy of the life to which He called you. And we pray that God, by His power, will fulfill all your good intendions and faithful deeds." 2 Thessalonians 1:11 The Message
When our class was studying 2 Thessalonians, I saw this verse and the first part of it really caught my attention "make you worthy of the life to which He called you." That is my one aim and goal in this life. But yesterday, I re-read it and the second half jumped out at me, "fulfill all your good intentions." Wow! This is my problem. I'm just full of good intentions but the follow-through is terrible! (It's kind of a family trait.) So, maybe, these promptings of things I should do to bless others (a.k.a. good intentions), is from God and HE will help me follow through on them if I ask for help.
Definitely food for thought ....
5. New ceiling fan: I almost forgot ... in our quest for cool and comfortable living, we replaced the ceiling fan in the bedroom as well as getting a new a/c. The fan we had in there was a little $20 job from the Dollar Store bought years and years ago. Now we have a gorgeous 52" fan that really puts out the air on top speed. I'm in heaven!
If you'd like to share your week, link up at Susanne's Living to Tell The Story. It's fun!