Heather at Becoming a Titus 2 Woman (Don't you just love the name of her blog?) has very kindly given me an award. Heather is one of my newest followers and has a heart for her family. Go check out her blog when you get a chance. Thank you, Heather, for thinking of me!
Actually, I have received awards twice before, but here is what I found. I would get the award and feel so honored that I was picked, but then I would say to myself, "tomorrow I will post about the award because today I'm in the middle of ____________." You get the picture, tomorrow never came. So, when I saw Heather's thoughtfulness, I decided to sit right down at that minute and participate. (I'm working to overcome my procrastination.)
These are the "Cherry on Top" Award rules:
- Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
- Pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have gotten this award.
If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be? I agree with Heather that the choices I have made have led into the woman I am today, so I don't think I would change many things. But one thing I would do, and I speak now to the mothers of young children, "Train your children to help with household chores."
Here is where perfectionism reared it's ugly head: When my girls were small, I didn't make them do much (translate that into "hardly anything.") Why? Because I could do it faster, better and more importantly, I didn't make the effort. I had all kinds of excuses, "I work two jobs, I'm tired, I don't feel well, yada, yada, yada. Then later, when they could have been a real help to me, I was regretting my choice.
Children naturally want to be your helper. If I had played into that, I could be sitting pretty today!
You can bet someday, there will be some Nana's little helpers! I learn from my mistakes!
My six I have chosen,
My six I have chosen,
1. Karyn, from Musings From Me. I love Karyn, she's a great mom and grandmother and I think we could be best buds if there weren't a country in between us.
2. Melli from Insanity Prevails. Melli brings a smile to my face every time I go to her blog. She is priceless!
3. Cindy from Trails of Hats'n Hospitalitea. Cindy is one of my newest blogger friends. She lives on the gorgeous Prince Edward Island that I have vowed to visit before I leave this world. Go check her out and give her some love.
4. Susanne from Living to Tell the Story. Susanne is another Canadian friend who I admire very much. She runs a successful dayhome and I'm in awe of her talents. I'm not that good with kids, so I appreciate anyone who is!
5. Karen from Hallelujah Anyhow. Karen is a sweet and gentle spirit and I can count on her to comment back to me everytime! I really appreciate that. As you know, comments are what keeps bloggers posting and she is the best!
6. Kathie from A Sparrow's Home. For breathtaking photography, you want to visit her blog! She is the one that fostered the burning desire to visit Prince Edward Island!
I was told to do 6, but there are many more interesting blogs out there! Please visit these girls and encourage them in their blogging pursuits.