This week was an enjoyable week that seemed to pass very quickly. I'm joining in at Susanne's Friday's Fave Five at Living to Tell the Story to share five highlights from my week.
1. Labor Day: A day off from my regular routine. I always love that!
2. We grilled out early in the day. We had bbq chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs, and potato salad. What can I say? We're a meat and potatoes kind of family!
3. On the road again: After lunch, we went riding and explored some country roads we had never been on before. We saw barns ...
and beautiful trees ...
and stayed until sundown.
and ended the day with a trip to Dairy Queen. (All our outings seem to end in ice cream ...)
4. Just to make the day complete, we went home and tackled a little area that needed some organization. In the corner of my living room, I had one of those little plastic carts that had a filing drawer in it. I used the cart to file receipts in the bottom and scrapbooking supplies in the two smaller drawers. I had a basket on top to put bills and the mail in. It looked messy. (How much more simple housekeeping would be if only we didn't have so much paper coming into the house!) Using scrapbook paper and a much deeper basket, we transformed the corner into a much neater place.
Here's the before and after:
It's amazing what a little scrapbook paper can do!
5. Another day off: I went back to work the next day to get five days work done in three, because I'm taking today off! Yes, by the time I link this post up at Susanne's, I'll be on my way to our ladies' retreat. We are going to a cabin DEEP in the woods, far away from phones, internet and TV. I'll tell you all about it next week!
Come on! Share your week! Link up Susanne's Living to Tell the Story here.