Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #105


This week was an enjoyable week that seemed to pass very quickly.  I'm joining in at Susanne's Friday's Fave Five at Living to Tell the Story to share five highlights from my week.

1.  Labor Day:  A day off from my regular routine.  I always love that!

2.  We grilled out early in the day.  We had bbq chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs, and potato salad. What can I say?  We're a meat and potatoes kind of family!

3.  On the road again:  After lunch, we went riding and explored some country roads we had never been on before.  We saw barns ...


and beautiful trees ...


and stayed until sundown.



and ended the day with a trip to Dairy Queen.  (All our outings seem to end in ice cream ...)

4.  Just to make the day complete, we went home and tackled a little area that needed some organization.  In the corner of my living room, I had one of those little plastic carts that had a filing drawer in it.  I used the cart to file receipts in the bottom and scrapbooking supplies in the two smaller drawers.  I had a basket on top to put bills and the mail in.  It looked messy.  (How much more simple housekeeping would be if only we didn't have so much paper coming into the house!) Using scrapbook paper and a much deeper basket, we transformed the corner into a much neater place.  

Here's the before and after:




It's amazing what a little scrapbook paper can do!

5. Another day off:  I went back to work the next day to get five days work done in three, because I'm taking today off!  Yes, by the time I link this post up at Susanne's, I'll be on my way to our ladies' retreat.  We are going to a cabin DEEP in the woods, far away from phones, internet and TV.  I'll tell you all about it next week!

Come on!  Share your week!  Link up Susanne's Living to Tell the Story here.

13 comments:

  1. It IS amazing what a little scrapping paper does! I am IMPRESSED! Nice job! I can't wait to hear about your retreat! THAT is just the kind I want... and I'm going to FIND one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the transformation of the drawers! Good job!

    That first barn is gorgeous! I love reading about your mini road trips.

    Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. every roadtrip SHOULD end in ice cream - that's my idea of perfect!

    Good job on the organizing - it looks great!

    I'm really looking forward to hearing about your ladies retreat.

    have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I so need a cabin in the woods, with no phone and no... and no... I'm so jealous I hope your retreat was fantastic and I hope you tell about it.

    Your scrapbooking paper is excellent with the drawers.

    I find it funny when I see others taking pictures of old barns. I have files in my computer of just old barns, lighthouses, and outhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep in the woods! Sounds like the beginning of a good novel. Enjoy! That little trick really makes that space look great! Good idea. Love the photos from your road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful barn and sunset pictures. Oh, I envy you and your retreat. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    Happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great week!! We cleaned and organized too! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics of the barns. There is just something about them that I love. :)

    Great transformation on the drawers! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever are you! The drawers look awesome!

    Love the barns, such a nice area!

    Days that end in ice cream are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The drawers look so much better now. What a great idea.

    I know you're enjoying the retreat but you won't know I've posted here until tomorrow at the earliest :)

    Your Labor Day sounds fine--especially the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat makeover! Enjoy your retreat....

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is amazing what scrap book papers can do. I'm planning on framing some and putting them up in my daughters room.
    looks like you enjoyed your labor day weekend.
    Hope you are enjoying the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love scrapbook paper and how it can make things beautiful. Right now I am covering buttons for a shirt makeover. Your cart looks so fun and organized now!

    I like your way of ending days - with ice cream. We should be friends. :)

    A cabin deep in the woods? Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.