You're kidding! Friday again?
I can't believe how quickly the week has flown by me. It's time to reflect and find five highlights about my week that brought me joy.
1. Last Saturday was another packed-to-the-brim day. I started out with hitting a few yard sales. Unfortunately, I did not find much. Yard sales are like treausre hunts, sometimes you find really cool stuff, other times, not so much.
Then on to the church for music practice, then work on the bulletin.
Back home to pick up my hubby and then: ROAD TRIP! (Sounds a lot like last week, doesn't it?)
This time, we headed to a little lake about 50 minutes away from our house, Cedar Lake:
Here it looks so inviting - it was HOT that day!
Here's a good shot as the sun was beginning to start its descent into dusk.
2. Before going home, we went to the nearest Home Depot to pick up supplies for our newest project, repainting the girls bedroom, and painting their bedframes. While I was there, I had to pick up some of my beloved Rustoleum Heirloom White and Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paints. I love planning new projects! Executing the plan is another story...
3. Last week, I talked about finding some Fire King dishes like my grandmother's. Karyn from Musings from me asked me to send her a picture because they sounded like HER grandmother's dishes. Sure enough, our dishes are the same. It's kind of neat to know that some things are the same even though we live many miles apart and are from different countries. Here's a photo of a simple tablescape using the dishes. Everything in the picture is from yards sales except the silverware and glasses ...and the furniture. I just adore dishes!
4. The rest of the week went by quickly. I accomplished quite a bit at work this week which always gives me a good feeling. I also had several conversations that were spiritually uplifting. Don't you love when the Lord has some of His children speak to you and tell you just what you needed to hear? It's great to know that you are not alone and that God is working in all our lives.
5. Quote of the week: "I may not have the answers, but I do have Him." Dave Dravecky
If you'd like to share about your week, link up with Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. You'll love participating in Friday's Fave Five!