Hurrah! It's Friday! Time to look back on another wonderful week.
1. This time of year, I so love to see beautiful fresh-cut flowers! These are all from the garden of Ludine, an amazing 89 year old lady who works in our church library. She arranged them herself and left them on my desk for me to enjoy. There is honeysuckle included in the bouquet. Mmmhmmm ... delicious!
2. This week is Administrative Professionals week. I received this beautiful bouquet from friends, Don and Alma. They are always so appreciative of the work I do.
3. A load off my mind: A task that I had been unable to complete finally got done this week. Ahh! The feeling of freedom is so sweet . (I've written about this before - why do I do these things to myself? Procrastination is evil!)
4. A step further in my calling. For a long time now, I have had the dream of being a speaker and an author for the Lord. I was asked to speak at midweek services. Even though I've been teaching for over five years, it feels different to speak in the sanctuary. (For one thing, you don't get participation like you do in a classroom setting.) I was nervous because I was afraid that I would just end up reading my notes and be done in 5 minutes, but it worked out very well. I managed to talk for 20 minutes and only lost my breath a couple times!
5. Quote of the week: You knew it was coming! I just have to share quotes, and I love this one because it speaks to my dream of being a speaker and writer:
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence, determination and hard work make the difference." -- Calvin Coolidge
I hope you had a wonderful week. Please consider going to Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and linking up to share about YOUR favorite five highlights of the week.