Thursday, March 4, 2010
Random Dozen - March 4, 2010
1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?
Even. I guess because evens are always divisible by two. I'm willing to share half!
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?
I think at this point in my life, I'm a 5. I would have said a 2, but the other day, I got a new dress and I got so excited about it that I realized I still have some issues ...
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered
I guess Proud might be the one I must identify with ... it's not that I think I'm better than anybody, I'm not, but I do want people to think well of me and my family ... I want to have a good name in the community.
4. How lucky do you consider yourself?
Lucky? Not at all ... Blessed? Definitely!
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?
Well, I love my series, Words to Stand On. (Click here for a link to the first one.) I also like one of the first posts I ever wrote: The Stabilizer of the Universe (found here). Who am I kidding? I like all my posts! They are like my babies, I labored as I gave birth to each one.
6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.
Unpredictable, changeable ... and soggy.
7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)
I think I'm good at detecting it, but I still like to hear it even if I do know it's blarney.
8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?
maybe "mint green" ... I could try harder ... does buying things at thrift stores and yard sales count as repurposing?
9. What is your favorite song this week?
I've had the chorus "The Name of the Lord is a Strong Tower" stuck in my mind all week.
10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?
I'll pick up any coin I see ... "a penny saved is a penny earned." Or something like that ...
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."
I see dead grass and bare trees. I am ready to see new spring growth!
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out.
This question is not fair because it makes me sound old! It was Dean Martin's "Memories are Made of This." I have heard of Dean Martin, but not sure I ever heard that song ...
The Random Dozen is a great meme created by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Visit her and read everyone's random answers. You'll have fun ... trust me.