Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Words to Stand On - He's a Personal God

For years, I've struggled with feeling personally loved by God. Oh yes, I believe He loved the world so much that He gave His Son for it!  The struggle was with the idea that if I was the only one here, He would have made that same sacrifice.


I know all my faults too well; the many times I have went the wrong direction at the same bump in the road, the good intentions never done.  I'm just not worth the King of Glory's notice.


One day, I heard a member of the Christian singing group, Selah, quote this passage on television:



"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. 

   I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. 
   When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place, 
   it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God
   The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you: 
   all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me! 
   That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, 
   trade the creation just for you."  Isaiah 43:1-4 MSG



Isn't it beautiful?  It's a love letter from the Great I Am to little ol' me! (or you!)


There is so much richness packed in this little gem of scripture. Assurance. Redemption. Deliverance. The knowledge that He calls me by my name.


I so much appreciated the phrase "your personal God."  It spoke to me just where I was the day I heard it. 


And then He ends the letter with an incredible declaration of love.  Really?? The God of the Universe would trade creation just for me?  How special and honored I felt when I read His words.


This portion of scripture was written to the children of Abraham, but we become spiritual "children of Abraham" when we make Christ our Lord and Savior and can stand on the promises and blessings, too.  (See Galatians 3, especially verses 9 & 29.)


Try reading this passage and inserting your name wherever it says "you." You'll feel so special!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is it that someone would speak just the words you needed to hear on TV?

    The part that made my heart beat a little faster was the last line....
    "I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade creation just for you"

    Thanks for sharing this encouraging scripture, Jerri.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.