Friday, February 19, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #75
I'm back! I missed being a part of Susanne's Friday's Fave Five for several weeks now due to life creeping in and taking up all my spare time! Once again, I'm joining my friends as we reflect on five favorite things that happened in our week.
1. Time Off: One of the highlights this week is that as I am recuperating from a severe upper respiratory infection, I have earned time off to cover the days I miss at work. What a blessing this benefit is!
2. The Winter Olympics: Even though I am not a sports person at all, whenever the Olympics are on, I must watch every bit of television coverage. I love the stories of the athletes! I love when my country's team wins a medal! I'm just an Olympics junkie!
3. New computer: The last few weeks at work have been a struggle with a 7 year old computer that was about to bite the dust. A new computer was ordered and installed this week. Oh, the difference! I click on something and it comes up RIGHT AWAY.
4. Winning a Giveaway: This week, I received in the mail my most recent winning at a blogger's giveaway. The prize was "The Red Plate." The Red Plate is used in celebrating special days. You serve the guest of honor their meal on the Red Plate. Is it your birthday? You get to eat your meal on the Red Plate! Did you get an A on your final exam? Dinner on the Red Plate! Thanks to Kristen at We are THAT Family for hosting this giveaway.
5. My Favorite Chair: While I've been watching the Olympics and healing from my recent illness, I've been resting in my favorite chair. It's so comfy! Even better, I found it this year at a yard sale for $15!!! Gotta love a bargain that feels and looks good!
Would you like to share the highlights from your week? Join Suzanne from Living to Tell the Story.