Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Well Done

..."Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Matthew 25:23

She lived her life in a circumference of less than 50 miles.  I doubt that she ever traveled to more than three states. When asked at Christmas or birthdays for ideas for gifts she would say there was nothing she wanted. She was the original frugal housewife.

She was a Christian, a wife, mother, daughter and sister. My mother-in-law, Edith, was totally content to stay in her God-given roles and serve to the best of her ability. Loving her family, she gave her all and did whatever was asked, often going the extra mile.

She attended the same church from birth unto death. (She was loyal like that). She attended every service barring extreme illness.

Yesterday, after a valiant fight, she went on her first long-distance trip.  She went home.  Home to see her heavenly Father.  Home to see her husband, baby son, mother, father, two sisters and a host of friends and relatives.

I think when she stepped through Heaven's gates, she was greeted with the words, "Well done.  You've been faithful, come on in to the joy of the Lord."


____________


For the next few days, my family and I will be celebrating Edith's life.  Please pray for her children.  Edith left behind five children.  Yes, they are all grown, yet no matter how old you are, you don't want to lose your mama!

6 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with those who loved your mother-in-law and will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you. My husband just lost his father on December 7. It is so hard to loose a loved one.

    Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you and your family. What a wonderful testimony, I pray the same can be said for me when it's my turn.

    God bless you and your family during this time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute. She sounds as if she was an amazing lady.

    The angels were happy to see her home.

    My prayers are with you and your family both near and extended. Love to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet tribute to the one who raised "your love".
    Praying you will find joy in the celbration for her life, comfort in knowing where she is and love with all those she touched.
    Praying for comfort and peace as you remeber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerri - I'm so sorry about your loss. I've missed you the last couple weeks at FFF so I came over to see where you've been.

    Was your momIL sick for awhie?

    The post is a beautiful tribute and it is obvious you loved her very much.

    (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.