Thursday, January 21, 2010
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
If I could physically lock in one age for myself, it would be 20 because I think that is when I had the perfect weight for my frame. If I could mentally lock in one age, it would be 30. I was finally a new mom, I felt confident in myself, I was ready to take on the world.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
My peanut butter bars. Here is a link showing how to make them.
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
If I feel in a down mood, I remember Philippians 4:8 and think on good, positive thoughts or happier times. There are always blessings you can dwell on if you look hard enough. Another thing I do to cheer myself is to get one of my tried and true, best-loved books and re-read it. I can always lose myself in a good book!
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
Umm... never... dancing is not in my genes.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
Totally a dreamer!
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
I have a lot of insecurities as a parent, but I do feel proud of two things: I always tell my kids I love them, and I taught them to have a love of reading. For many years, we read together before bedtime every night. I think because of that, all three of my girls are good students. Reading unlocks the key to every area of study.
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Definitely Barney. I don't really care to watch the reruns after he left the show.
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Probably a 5.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
People who do not use their signals. It drives me insane!
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Blue because I feel calm.
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
A cuddly teddy bear
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Lid! Are you trying to get me to admit that being on the computer takes up most of my time?
If you'd like to participate in the Random Dozen, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.