1. Candy corn: Your thoughts? I love candy corn! I like to mix candy corn with peanuts, then it tastes like a Payday candy bar, but much easier to chew!
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.) Hmmm... after 33 years I can't remember the exact words, but the first thing I remember my hubby asking me the day we met was if I had plans that afternoon.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian? I could, but I wouldn't want to!
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume? No, it would be hard to dress a parakeet in a costume.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year). Ooh, I did like Teaberry Gum! And Barbies with lots of clothes to dress her with. And books like the Bobbsey Twins (seriously - I did read them) and Bambi and The Wind in the Willows. Later on, I read all the Nancy Drew mysteries. I also miss The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights. I also liked all the variety shows they used to have on TV. It exposed me to all kinds of different talent. Now you never see things like that, except for maybe America's Got Talent ... And playing jacks and jumping rope. You never see kids do that anymore either.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for? I once won a trophy for placing 2nd in a Florida state FBLA clerical competition. I was proud of it for a long time, but years later it became a dust catcher and I sold it at a yard sale. Now, I'm wondering, why would anybody buy a used trophy?
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year? December 1st.
8. What's your favorite board game? Definitely Scrabble. I love word games. Scrabble means good memories for me because my granny loved me to play Scrabble with her. We did it for many years.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)? A few times I have been surprised with gifts, I like that, but generally I do not like surprises, nor am I gifted in giving people surprises.
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?" Yes, it is. I'm not perfect, never claimed to be perfect, so why not just admit it when I goof up?
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
I have several, I like black cherry, mocha, sugar cookies, french vanilla. I also like cinnamon, but sometimes it is paired with apple in an overpowering way.
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you? What an interesting question (how do you come up with these questions, Lid?) Let's see, my all time favorite snack to serve people is Taco Dip. I've served it so many years that I'm getting tired of it, but if I were having an open house, I'd go for easy, so yeah, it would be taco dip. As for what I would show them at my house that represents me, that is a toughie. I would say my scrapbooks, only I haven't gotten too far on them. I could say all my dishes, candlesticks, etc., because I believe that setting a nice table to have family meals are important. I could say all my books because I will always be known as a reader.
Maybe I will have to make some kind of display that uniquely represents me ... This will take a lot of thought! More than I have time for today ...
If you'd like to see other random answers, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.