It's time to reflect on my week and find 5 favorites. Some weeks are easier to find the favorites than others, but they're always there - you just have to look for them!
1. I may have mentioned on my blog before my excessive love of dishes. This week I added a few more to my collection. Kroger was carrying some great fall dishes. I debated for a few weeks then decided to buy the burnt orange plates and the fall goblets. Well, remember the quotation, "He who hesitates is lost"? The goblets were gone when I went back, but the plates were still there. I have some fall placemats with pumpkins on them. The plates look awesome with them. (Sorry, I didn't get a photo of them yet.)
2. My friend, Marti, is a multi-talented woman. She is our church librarian, a quilter, a great cook, and a gardener extraordinaire. She shared the fruits of her labor with me and brought me a jar of some awesome-tasting apple butter. Apple butter holds fond memories for me, because while we were dating, my hubby and I shared many an apple butter sandwich sitting at my granny's table after a date. (I lived with my granny.)
3. Double-stuff oreos. Need I say more?
4. I'm reading a new-to-me author, Deborah Raney. I just finished "Remember to Forget" and "Leaving November." I enjoyed them very much.
5. Favorite quote of the week:
"Anything made with love, bam! ~ it's a beautiful meal." Emeril Lagasse
May all your meals be served with love!
If you'd like to read other favorites, visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.