Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Dozen #4




1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie. I like to watch DVDs at home, in my comfy clothes, on my couch with my feet propped up. I like my whole family to be there watching with me to hear all my lame comments about the movie. I also like to have my iced tea and a snack of some kind to munch on while watching.


2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be? Sadly enough, yes, I do think about my own funeral. I would like eulogies. I would like a video montage of my life hopefully using pictures that always showed me at my best (okay, I'm asking for the impossible here). I would like some of my favorite songs sung like "Come Morning" by the Nelons. There is one by Mercy Me I really like - the title escapes me at the moment. I used to want "Go Rest High on That Mountain" but it's been done to death. Seriously, I'd like the gospel message to be preached. Wouldn't it be awesome to have someone accept Christ at my home-going?


3. Are you more of a giver or a taker? Over all, I think it's about equal ...


4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear? Oh, I always want to play it by ear. My everyday life is scheduled to the max, so it's a relief to not have to do something at a certain time. Of course, since I don't schedule vacation time, a lot of times things I wanted to do or see didn't get done because I ran out of time ...


5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly? Ceilings - I always forget about cobwebs.


6. Name a cause that means a lot to you. Abortion. I'm firmly anti-abortion. If you don't want your baby, be unselfish enough to carry the baby to term and then let someone who is aching for a child adopt the baby.


7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly? How could a sandwich be a pbj without jelly? I like to use blueberry jelly instead of plain old grape. I'm refined like that.


8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous? If nervous, I run out of breath, or my voice gets shaky. Oh wait, that's when I sing. I guess, if just talking and I get nervous, I say lame things.


9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies? I must read a little something every night before I fall asleep.


10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog? Not so far ...


11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree? No ....


12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated? "You Light Up My Life" to my hubby and daughters because my life without them would be very dark ...


If you'd like to read how others answered these questions, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

9 comments:

  1. "that's been done to death" talking about a funeral? Ha ha...seriously, I've attended a few funerals in the past couple of years and the difference between the ones where the family was certain where their loved one was vs. those that were held in a church but not necessarily in a "faith" environment...whew! There was true joy in the former, and sad emptiness in the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've only read one post preferring theatre movies to home movies.

    Blueberry jelly is refined, eh? I'd better make sure I have some on hand!

    I say lame things too... but don't have to be nervouse in order to do so! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song! Haven't thought it about it in awhile.

    I am absolutely with you on #6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2, "that's been done to death" cracked me up. :-) And "Go Rest High" is a song I have promised to play at my husband's funeral if he goes first. Great song.

    #5, I had the same answer. Stinkin' cobwebs.

    #6, GREAT answer!!

    #7, I'm thinkin' I'm unrefined; I've never had blueberry jelly! Sounds YUMMMMMMMY...maybe I'm a refined wannabe? LOL

    Fun answers! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6 Amen! If you know of someone, send them our way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regarding the movies, POPCORN! You can't have just "some snack." It has to be popcorn! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother and several of my college girlfriends have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and a few with depression. Since I am a counseling graduate student mental health awareness is definitely something I am interested in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. #2--awesome funeral.

    #6--we think alike

    Thanks for participating. Sorry it took me so long to get around this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love watching movies with family too, if we've all seen it before. (That way it's OK to talk.) Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.