Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday's Fave Five - September 25, 2009


Is it Friday again? Wow, unbelievable! It's time for Friday's Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, a time to reflect and pick five favorites from our week.


My week was just a regular week with nothing special happening in it. Yet, I can always find some favorites in there!


1. Sunday, my class studied one of my favorite subjects, "The Armor of God." We had good discussion and there was a lot of participation. Definitely a favorite!


2. Monday, it was back to work for me after having a week off. I do love my job, and I'm thankful to have one. Another favorite!


3. Tuesday, I made one of my favorite recipes that I got from Kym at Kympossible, Black Bottom Banana Bread. Here's the recipe:


Black-Bottom Banana Bars
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup baking cocoa Cream butter and sugar; add egg and vanilla; beat thoroughly. Blend in the bananas. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide batter in half, and add cocoa to half. Spread the cocoa batter in a greased 13x9 pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl a little with a knife. Bake at 350* for 25 minutes. Cool and frost if desired


4. Wednesday was sort of a bewildering day with lots going on. At almost the last moment, I found out I was needed to fill in leading worship. I'm a big believer in doing whatever you are asked to do, it's part of servanthood, being like Jesus, but I also believe in being prepared and I was feeling a little frazzled. Yet, when we actually started worship I felt calmness and peace come into the sanctuary. People were entering into worship instead of just sitting there and that is always a big favorite with me!


5. Another favorite is Fridays! I love Fridays because we can wear jeans that day, it's payday, and because of this meme. It is my favorite of all the memes I participate in. I love all the people that participate and I love to visit their blogs.


Why not join in and link up over at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. You'll have fun, I promise!

9 comments:

  1. Excellent faves! I just got back from a bit of travelling and I went straight to FFF and yours is the first I visited and what do I find here... something yummy! I wish I could try that banana bread one day. I love Fridays too. You said it perfectly about being thankful to have a job. May we never take our blessings for granted. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just a wonderful and happy list of favorites this week!

    I've already got my FIRST favorite lined up for NEXT week's list! LOL! It's been a gOOd morning for me! :)

    I hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for taking on the praise and worship at the last minute. That is a big step of faith.

    Great list of faves. I'm so making your banana bars this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regular weeks are special, too. Sometimes they're my very favorites. I'd like to have heard the Armor of God class - always good stuff. That bread sounds yummy. I've been craving banana pudding lately. Praise God that you were able to step in and lead worship! I love Fridays also and this meme in particular. It is definitely uplifting and fun. Blessings on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice week Jerri and good on you for taking up worship at the last minute.
    Might have to try that recipe.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list...I always enjoy reading this on Friday's....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list! Glad you had a good week.

    God is so good, isn't He? That His presence was there, even though you felt unprepared. I'm glad you served, even though it was last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week. Casual Fridays are something to look forward to each week. And its wonderful that you can be thankful about having a job with so many unemployed these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely faves Jerri! I know the feeling re worship leading - I do it as well. Your Black-Bottom Banana Bars look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.