TGIF! It's time to reflect on my week and pick my Friday's Fave Five.
1. On Saturday, two of my daughters, Liss and Malia, and I went yard sale-ing. We had a ton of fun and had what we like to call quality "bonding time." Lately, Liss and I have really gotten into thrifting and yard sale-ing. Below are a couple items I picked up recently at the Teen Challenge Thrift store:
The wooden plate was $1, the plate stand was 10¢, and the candle stick was 50¢. You can't get better than that -- well, unless it was free ...The only drawback to all this going to thrift stores and yard sales is finding a place to display all my goodies! I may have to get rid of some of my older things ...
2. The next bright spot in my week is that finally, after 3 years, my hydrangea bush started blooming! I was about to give up!
What is funny is that the blooms are all facing the house and nothing on the side of the bush that faces the street!
3. One of my new favorite things are verbena plants. I had never planted those before, but they grow well on my front porch. I have both red and purple ones. Here is the purple (the picture does not do it justice):
4. I can't have a post without mentioning food! Tuesday, I made Orange Chicken and Fried Rice. It was so yummy! (Sorry, no photo.)
5. My buddy Steve gave me a sack full of fresh tomatoes out of his garden. They have a really good flavor. I love eating tomatoes this time of year.
How did your week go? Why don't you link up with Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story and tell us all about it?