Once again, Friday has rolled around and it's time for Friday's Fave Five - a time to reflect on our week and pick five of our favorite things.
1. Fresh cherries: This week I've been munching on crisp, sweet, fresh cherries at lunch time. I love when fresh cherries are available! Funny thing, as much as I love fresh cherries, I hate anything artificially cherry flavored.
2. Memories: Of course, I have a bunch of memories, good and bad, but I choose to reflect on the good memories. This picture below represents a good childhood memory:
This tree has grown a lot now, but when I was a kid, I used to visit my aunt, and we'd sit under this tree to cool off. (She didn't have air conditioning.) She would fill buckets of water, sometimes even putting ice in the water, and give us each one. We'd then sit under this tree with our feet stuck in the buckets of water and cool off. We'd sit for hours just talking and laughing or maybe reading. There was always a breeze ...
3. New tablescape: I love to change the look of my kitchen table. Here's the latest:
This includes my recent treasures from yard sale-ing. You might remember my candlesticks from an earlier post. I found this bowl last weekend. Here's a close-up:
A milk glass bowl for 50 cents!
4. Lemons: I used to buy myself one lemon a week. I would cut it into 8 wedges, and use one wedge a day. One day out of the week, I'd splurge and have two wedges. Then I decided that I'm worth it, so now I buy a bag of lemons at a time! I have a fresh wedge of lemon whenever I want. It's the little things.
Anyway, here is a cute glass jar that I found at a yard sale to keep my extra lemons in:
5. Quote: I've been studying Ephesians. The other day I ran across a phrase as I was reading the New Living Translation:
"...Lead a life worthy of your calling ..." Eph. 4:1Makes you think, doesn't it?
Anyway, that's my week at Jerri's Journey. How did yours go? Link up with the FFF group at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story.