Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Deserved Rewards



Laurie, this month's Thankful Thursday hostess, said:

When we constantly seek Him, and continue to look for what His desires are for our lives and not our fleshly desires ... we can then find the deserved rewards that we are seeking! God is a gracious and compassionate God, He is slow to anger and abounds in love. He knows better what we are in need of than we are. Aren't you thankful that God knows exactly what is best for us?


I'm thankful I don't get what I deserve! I'm a sinner saved by grace and there is nothing good in me. I deserve death and judgment. My righteousness is as filthy rags. BUT I'm a child of God because I accepted the sacrifice Christ made for me on the cross, repented and made Him Lord of my life. Therefore, I am made righteous THROUGH the blood of Jesus and have become a new creation, a daughter of the King.

As a daughter of the King, I am loved beyond measure. See what He says in 1 John 3:1 -

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! ... "

I know I've used this scripture recently in other posts, but it's so great. He doesn't just love us, He lavishes love on us! I'm thankful that He loves me like that. I can trust Him to give me what is best for me since He loves me so extravagantly.

If you'd like to read other thankful hearts, visit Laurie at Women Taking A Stand.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that verse. I'm so glad that God loves me unconditionally! I'm so thankful for His forgiveness and mercy and for His patience with me.

    Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a post that I am so Thankful for. I have started this Bible Study about my "ThoughtCloset" and I have been discovering all the negative things that I speak into my life.

    This helped me today put into perspective that I am not worthy. And that is ok.

    I am Broken but Blessed by HIS Grace! for that I am very thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to this Jerri. It truly is amazing how He loves us. Your thankful heart is evident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God that He loves us so much, beyond comprehension. Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us today at TT! -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It humbles me to think how merciful He is! Praise God for his love and mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE that verse. So beautiful and so fitting.

    Beautiful Thankful list today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful I don't get what I deserve too. If I did, I'd be in great trouble. Instead, I'm given abundant life. It's great. Thanks for the well-thought-out post. Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.