Friday, November 7, 2008

November Challenge - Giving Thanks




Yesterday, over at Heart Choices blog, I read this:

"I'm going to throw out a challenge to you! I discovered Leah from Iowa who has a blog called South Breeze Farm. She challenged bloggers to keep a daily list of things for which they are thankful during the whole month of November. So, I decided to accept the challenge."

I also accepted the challenge, and here is my list of things I am thankful for to date:

Saturday, November 1: I am thankful for my washer and dryer. Saturdays are normally my laundry days, and in the past I've sometimes had appliances that did not work correctly. I am so thankful not to have to go to the laundermat!

Sunday, November 2: Everyone who knows me will know that I am thankful for Sunday afternoon naps! It's the highlight of my week! Sunday IS a day of rest, right?

Monday, November 3: I'm thankful for my job. I have one of the coolest jobs in the world! I always look forward to Mondays because it is a fresh start and a new beginning; and I always believe that this is the week that I will accomplish so much!

Tuesday, November 4: I am thankful for the freedoms that we enjoy.

Wednesday, November 5: I am thankful for God's protection and safety. Wednesday was a long day with me on the road quite a bit. Towards the end of the day, I felt very sleepy. I had problems staying awake in church. (Sorry, Pastor Jonathan, if you're reading this. It wasn't you, I promise!) So, before heading home (a distance of about 24 miles) I prayed for protection and safety and He granted my request.

Thursday, November 6: I am thankful for my couch that is so comfy to lay on after a hard day's work. It's the little things, really.

Friday, November 7: I'm thankful for beautiful sunny fall days! I'm grateful that God chose to give us nature and the seasons to enjoy. I know to be thankful on the cold, dreary days, too, because His Word says "This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad." It's just easier to rejoice when the sun is out!

All righty.

That's my list for now. Please join me in this challenge. It will make you feel better, I promise. If you do decide to join this challenge, please leave me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! A "thankful journal" thing... It sure helps to keep things in perspective!
    and... thanks for stopping by my blog. I think we have lots in common! I have been the church secretary for MANY years in support of my husband!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.