Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WFMW - 15 Minute Day



Have you ever had a day where you didn't know how you were going to accomplish everything you needed to do? [Umm ... that would be every day for me ...]
When that happens to me, I go into my "just 15 minutes" mode. Now, this is not an original idea. I got it from Marla Cilley, at Flylady.net and adapted it to my crazy busy life.

Say it's a Saturday, I have a really messy house [hard to imagine, I know] and also have to prepare for my Sunday School lesson and write the church bulletin for my second job AND a big pile of laundry needs to be done. How do I do all that without staying up til the wee hours of the night? [Anything past 9:30 p.m. is the wee hours of the night, y'all!]

I get my trusty timer and set it for 15 minutes. I work on my lesson till it goes off. I jump up, set it again, and get my first load of laundry going. If the timer hasn't went off yet, I work in the kitchen till I hear it ding. I set it again and back to my lesson for 15 minutes. And throughout the day I alternate 15 minutes working at the computer with 15 minutes housework. You'll be amazed at how well it works!

You can also have 15 minute days when you want to surf the net, I mean do research, and get your housework done, too. You can adapt this idea for the office, 15 minutes returning calls, 15 minutes filing, or whatever. As Marla says, and I agree, "you can do anything for 15 minutes!"

For more great Works for Me Wednesday ideas, head over to Shannon's blog, Rocks In My Dryer at http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/

2 comments:

  1. You know, that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you alternate between computer activities and housework. It's better for our bodies to have frequent stretch breaks anyway, so this helps that, too. Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.