Thursday, June 19, 2008

No Place Like Home

We're back from Florida, and not one of us is sunburned! A good time was had by all. What did we do? Mostly go shopping, go to the beach, go shopping, play games, go shopping, play games, EAT, go shopping ... you get the idea. I just want to say that each of my daughters and I got new cute shirts. (Remember, I told you that we were all addicted to buying shirts. My husband says that he is not addicted to shirts, but he doesn't have to be -- we all buy shirts for him for every special occasion.)

Another really cool thing that I did was visit my old friends. Every time I go back home, I tell myself that this time I will go by and see people that I knew during my growing-up years. Somehow, between all the shopping, beach trips and game-playing, it never gets done. This year, it was different. I planned ahead by making appointments to visit. I organized our calendar to include time for visiting. (I said to my family, "On Thursday, don't plan anything for me to do. I already have plans. You'll have to do something without me." And they did!) I followed through on my commitment to visiting!

Hmm... that sounds a lot like the old saying, "Plan your work, then work your plan." Now if I'd just apply that to other areas that I've been procrastinating on ...

Anyway, I titled this post, "No Place Like Home," because my intention was to say that no matter how much fun I had, no matter how many cute shirts I bought, or games I won (yeah, Scrabble Queen), it all pales in comparison to coming home.

Since I must always leave you with a devotional thought (*grin*), think about that final home-going. It's going to be even more awesome than sleeping in your own bed and drinking your own sweet tea! Why, I can't even imagine it!

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,
neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
1 Cor. 2:9

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me, you do not get to be Scrabble Queen for winning one game...if so I am also Scrabble Queen! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.