Friday, June 6, 2008

Fun In The Sun

We're off to Florida in a few hours. I'm almost ready. I've been tanning so I don't get burnt when I go to the beach. I have my hair colored so all my old friends won't see the gray! I also got my hair trimmed in a style that I finally love -- only took me years to get it that way. I have all my cute shirts packed. [For those of you just meeting my family, one fact is true about me and my daughters -- we're all addicted to cute shirts! That is where all our "disposable" income goes. What does disposable income mean, anyway? All my income is disposable because it gets used up as soon as it comes in. But, I digress.] Now, if I had just lost those pounds that I wanted to lose, I'd be really excited to have my old friends see me.

Making all these preparations to travel made me think. We've been thinking about this trip for days. Everyone has been deciding what to take, what to pack it in, and most importantly, how can we fit in all our paraphernalia [I love that word!] for five people in one trunk.

Aren't you glad we only have one thing to prepare for to make it to heaven? I'm glad I don't have to pay to get into heaven -- I have trouble saving up money as it is. I'm glad I don't have to be thin to get into heaven since I've already admitted that I'm going to Florida with more of me to love. I don't have to worry about reliable transportation to make it there. Why, I don't even have to be dressed in a cute shirt or have my hair just right! All I need is to be sure that my name is written in the Lamb's book of life. And really, He has made it so easy for me. He has done all the hard work, my work is just to believe.

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
John 6:29
[I told you I could make anything into a devotional!]

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time in Florida!! Great "devotional"...as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.