Monday, February 18, 2019

The Journey’s Weekly Check-up #9


Otherwise known as 
“A Journal of Reflection”


Share something that made you smile

I created a couple characters for my book I’m writing this week; and I based them on a little old couple I used to know years and years ago. They’ve went to be with Jesus decades ago; but remembering them and their love for each other brought a smile to my face.

Share something that made you think

I was reading a description of the word, "hygge," a trendy Danish concept of creating a comfortable environment you can read about here. One of the definitions "grabbed" me:  Celebrating the everyday.

It struck me as something we should definitely celebrate since there will never again be another day quite like today. Oh yes, tomorrow might look exactly the same - but it won't be, if for no other reason, you're one day closer to Home. 

Share a win from this week

Today is day 38 of rising up early and writing 500 words!

Share a great quote

“Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.”  - Max Lucado


It always comes back to love...

Share a song or a scripture that ministered to you

My pastor preached a sermon on gates this weekend based on Psalm 24. His main point was you control your own gates – what you allow to come into your life and what you shut out.

This morning’s scripture writing included this verse:

Open to me the gates of righteousness;  I will go through them,  And I will praise the Lord  Psalm 118:19 NKJV

I love when the Lord confirms a message with a scripture! May I choose to walk in righteousness every time!

Share a favorite picture


My idea of hygge involves candlelight!


And that's a wrap on the Journey. How did YOUR week go? I'd love to know!


~~~


I just want you to know how highly I value those of you that make your way to the Journey to read my words! I believe encouraging others with the written word is a worthy calling. Thank you especially to those who respond. You make it worthwhile!


I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.


If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.


I'm linking up at these communities: Inspire Me Monday,  #TellHisStory Trekking Through The Week, #WriterWednesday, #TuneInThursdays



8 comments:

  1. Controlling who comes into the gate is a good thing. A quote I'm pondering from John MacArthur based off of Philippians 1:10-11)"Be thoughtful in how you express your love." "Christian love operates within the parameters of Biblical knowledge and spiritual discernment."
    I like that idea of celebrating everyday and lighting a candle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your early writing mornings! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to be thankful for, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst part about the work hygge is how to pronounce it...and spell it. Other than that, it's a cool concept ;). Congratulations on getting in 500 words every day for 38 days! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 500 is wonderful as well as candlelight! enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your reflections! What a great exercise...and I especially like that definition (or part of it) of hygge. Celebrating the everyday! What great advice - whether we are trying to stay cozy and survive winter or whether the days of full of spring showers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful practice - waking up early each day and writing a 500 word reflection. That sounds like a great way to begin each morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gratitude is the foundation for joy and so many other things. It is a beautiful way to frame our day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.