Monday, November 19, 2018

The Journey's Weekly Check-up #2



Share something that made you smile
Rory came to MiMi’s house for a sleepover Saturday night. She is such a joy! (and insanely adorable!) I got a kick watching PaPa get down on the floor chasing after Rory as she circled the kitchen island over and over.


Share something that made you think
One of pastor’s recent sermons has stayed on my mind for days. He was relating the story of the Wedding at Cana and Jesus turning the water into wine. He pointed out there were 6 stone vessels of water made into the finest wine the master of the feast had ever tasted.

As we know, the Scriptures are full of symbolism. There were 6 stone vessels. Why 6? 6 is the number of man; yet, this was Jesus’ first recorded supernatural miracle, so you’d think there’d be 7 vessels. 7 is the number of God. And then pastor spoke the thought I’m still considering:  What if you were that 7th vessel? Are you allowing Him to fill you? Wine is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. God desires to fill human vessels with His Holy Spirit.

Am I full of His Spirit? And if not, why not?


Share a win from this week
I followed through on my blog publishing schedule!


Share a great quote
“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten. If you want to arrive at a new destination, you need to take a new path.” – John Maxwell

The above reminds me of something I’ve heard Joyce Meyer say – I don’t know if it is original to her – “Insanity is doing the same thing you’ve always done and expecting different results.”

If you have a dream or a goal, you must do something differently than you’ve ever done before. How about taking one step at a time to a new path? Pick easy, doable goals and master one at a time.

Myself? I’m working on consistency.


Share a song or a scripture that ministered to you
I got excited Sunday when we sang the hymn, “When We All Get to Heaven.”

Love the whole song, but this verse really spoke to me:

Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day,
Just one glimpse of Him in glory,
Will the toils of life repay!
Eliza E. Hewitt – Public Domain

A lifetime of trusting Him. A lifetime of service. Let it be said of me.


Share a favorite picture





I'm sharing at Inspire Me Monday and Trekking Thru the Week.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed getting to know you!

    I'm a Mimi too! :-) Grandchildren are the best!! I just had my second one two weeks ago and he is such a cutie!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one glimpse of Him in glory...
    Love that line.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Jerrelea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thoughts to ponder from your pastor. Never thought of that portion of scripture in that way. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.