Thursday, October 13, 2016

Aware



Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

On this journey, it's important to know that not only do you have a Savior but you also need to know you have any enemy.  

No need to be afraid of him because Scripture tells us that greater is He who is in us (Christ) than he who is in the world (satan.)

But as Christians we need to be aware we have an enemy who hates us and would like to destroy us.

He is not our friend.

Be watchful, my brother, my sister. Be careful to pay attention to what is going on in your life. The enemy would love nothing more than to tempt you to mess up and cause people to look on Christ with disfavor. A Christian represents Christ; therefore, falling into sin reflects badly on Him. 

Instead, let us focus on lifting up the name of Christ by living as responsibly, as purely as possible.








The Journey is our way Home. There is nothing more important than making that final destination. Jesus paid my ticket there, but I have to walk it out. In October, I will be observing the things that happen while traveling the Journey and writing a daily post about my observations.


Because I like to stretch myself, I will also do a challenge within a challenge - 31 days of 5 minute free writes. I will take a topic and run with it, writing furiously for 5 minutes, tailoring it to relate to my theme of examining life along the Journey.


If you are a subscriber, you will receive my #31Day posts each day. If you're not a subscriber, why not? Please go up to the Follow By Email box in the very top of the right column and enter in your email address. I don't want you to miss a thing!


You can also click
 here each day and look at the bottom of this post. The link to the newest post will be there.


If you would like to join in on the 31 Day Challenge, either as a writer or a reader, go here.


If you would also like to do the 31 Day challenge by doing it in a 5 Minute Free Write format, go here.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. I was just skimming C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters, I think it's time for me to re read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that we can't be snatched out of Jesus' hand and that he is greater than the one in the world. Though I have to admit, the enemy knows just how to attack me and its usually with anxiety, worry, and fear.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Jerralea. I joined a Bible study class at my church this fall and we are going through Priscilla Shirer's book Armor of God. SOOO many Christians I know do not believe that Satan is even real, let alone trying to do battle with us. I was actually shockedk to learn of this (i was raised in a CHristian home and just have always known Satan is real). This book is VERY well written and based on Ephesians 6:10-19...i highly recommend it. It's changing some of the way I even pray!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.