Saturday, April 5, 2014

E is for Expecting

In Acts chapter 3, there is a story of a lame man that received a healing.  When I read the account the word expecting jumped out at me.  The lame man looked at Peter and John expecting something and he wasn't disappointed. In fact, he received more than expected - he was hoping for money but instead received healing.

I feel that we, who are God's children, should expect goodness all the time.  Why? I stand on Psalm 23:6, 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Some say that the word used for follow in that scripture can mean pursue.  Imagine that!  Goodness and mercy are going to chase after you every day of your life.

If that is true, then I expect something good to happen. Every. Day.


This post was written in community with the April A-Z blogging challenge.  To read others' work, go here.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I wrote on expectations, too. However, mine had a little different take...

    Wonderful thoughts...I often quote Ps 23 in my head during the night when I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like expecing something good to happen every day! Sometimes getting out of bed and still being alive can be a good expectation.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.