Sometimes I feel I'm responsible for everything.
Do you ever feel that way?
But as a believer, I must remember the Lord is really in charge.
Scripture tells me He is my strength, my help, and He will uphold me with His strong right arm of victory. (See Isaiah 41:10)
So what is my part?
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,
and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God.Michah 6:8
If I do what is right, be merciful and humble, that is all that is required. I'm not responsible for the rest. He is.
~~
In my novel, Dee McCloud takes out her frustrations on Sharon Ford for something her father did.
Let's listen in:
"Before Sharon could stop herself, words tumbled out of her mouth. "Mrs. McCloud, I'm so sorry you’re consumed with hate. My daughter and I are not your enemies. We can't help what my father did. We hate it just as much as you do!” Chest heaving, she spat out, “Are you held responsible for everything your family ever did?"
Later,
"Then Dee burst out, “I can’t believe she said that!”
Bill calmly laid his napkin down. “You mean, when she asked if we wanted to be held responsible for everything our family ever did?”
“I hate when people mention Uncle Buford and his shenanigans.”
“True,” Bill responded, “and it is unjust to blame us all these years later. It’s not like we encouraged him in his choices.”
She crossed her arms and stared at Bill. He looked at her steadily with a slight one-sided smile.
Finally, Dee’s resignation revealed itself in the form of a sigh. “And I guess it is unjust for me to blame Sharon for what that nutcase did 30 years ago.”
~~
Perhaps when we are frustrated with someone, we should look and see who is really responsible for the situation.
Something to think about!
~~
This post was written in response to the prompt, "responsible" chosen by the group of writers at the Five Minute Friday community.
I'm also launching a new series, My Writer Life, which will have 1-2 posts a week exploring my life as a writer of a novel.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at Five Minute Friday
All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy

Great encouragement about trusting God with our responsibilities and remembering what we should and shouldn't hold others accountable for.
ReplyDelete