Tuesday, August 4, 2026

What's in your cup?

The characters in my story drink one thing: tea. They live in a small southern town and they drink tea in two ways: sweet tea over ice, preferably sipped from tumblers while sitting on a swing in Grandma Rose's rose garden. Or they find solace in drinking Sister Clara's tea served from a steaming kettle accompanied by white chocolate macadamian nut cookies.

But, I mustn't forget Kai. Kai is an angel sent to minister to the family. Although Kai is an angel, he has learned to love a "cup of joe," and is delighted to find one of his assignments is being a barista at a coffee shop where he ministers to all sorts of amazing people.






As a writer, I always have my trusty insulated cup nearby while I'm at the keyboard. I used to be a sweet tea addict but lost the taste for it when I had COVID. Now, my drinks of choice are ice water or iced coffee; or when cooler temps prevail, hot coffee with peppermint mocha creamer.

I can type for hours without stopping to eat if I have something in my cup.

What's in your cup? Inquiring minds want to know.

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 

This is Day 2 of a taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.

~~

I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.


Sharing at InstaEncouragements Link-Up

2 comments:

  1. I have my mug of hot coffee alongside of me at the moment. Then I shift to water for the rest of the day. May you stay well hydrated as you keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joanne. May you do the same!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.