Thursday, August 13, 2026

Sunset

 



When Morgan, one of the main characters in my novel, was 27 years old, her mother, Sharon, took her on a picnic to the lake for the very first time. 

They were having a wonderful time when suddenly Morgan  thought about her childhood and how sad it was her mother never took her anywhere. She questioned Sharon about her reasons for becoming a recluse.

Soon an argument happened, and both Sharon and Morgan took off in opposite directions to cool down.

After stomping off angrily into a little clearing containing a bench, she plopped down. The atmosphere was so calming with birds cheeping and a breeze rustling the leaves of the bushes and trees. She found herself listening to the Holy Spirit as He dropped thoughts into her brain for her to consider. By the time He was done speaking to her, she had been gone an hour in real-time, but she had also walked awhile in her mother's shoes.

~~

I based this scene on one of my favorite places to go when I want to hear God's voice, Arrowhead Lake. Being outdoors in the middle of God's creation seems to be conducive for hearing God and thinking thoughts that never occur to you at home!

The picture above was taken just as dusk was beginning to arrive. Because I live over an hour away, and my husband and I try to avoid driving in the dark, this is as close to sunset as I have ever seen it.




The next picture shows how sunset looks at home. Sometimes God shows out and swirls orange and purple up there, too!

The point is, God's creativity in nature helps convince you He has answers for all the areas of life. Anyone who can dream up all this beauty and the way the world works is way smarter than me. I want to listen to Him and see what He has to say.

Do you hear God better outdoors?


~~

This is Day 8 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.

~~

I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.


Sharing at Let's Have Coffee


All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how we can see and feel and hear from God through His creation. The peace which comes when I realize He wil with me and around me, everywhere I go.

    May God bless you as you continue writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.