Good morning, dear Readers. Today, I want to talk about how we begin our day.
Now, I don't claim to be an expert on mornings. There are others more qualified than me. For instance, Jennifer Dukes Lee, who calls herself a morning evangelist, has written a whole book about it, entitled "How to Love Your Morning." I highly recommend it.
However, in August, I'm taking you along on a journey of birthing my book, sharing my life as a writer and the story God has given me.
I feel the most important thing to start our day is to wake up thinking about God. Our first thoughts influence our day.
If I want mine to be about God, it starts the night before. I use the Lectio 365 app and play the nighttime selection for that day, listening to it as I drift off to sleep.
You'd be surprised how often I wake up with some of the words said in Lectio 365 swirling in my brain.
Another thing that helps is to listen to praise and worship music throughout my day. I often hear the words to a song reverberating in my brain when I awake. (I hightly recommend the song, "I Know A Name." I listen to the CeCe Winans version.)
My first task after waking, getting dressed, etc., is to take one scripture, ask God for direction, then write a prayer about that verse.
Then, I can start tackling the to-do list.
As a writer, I'm looking for blocks of time where I can work on my book everyday. Monday's are writing days where I devote the whole day in some way to writing. Editing, blogposts, listening to a teaching, and writing outlines are all good ways to refining my message.
But there must be time for actual writing somewhere in my day.
I've laid the groundwork for inspiration when I have thought about God, prayed to Him, looked at His word. Now, I can expect His inspiration to show up as I work hard.
Inspiration shows up when there has been perspiration!
How about you, dear Reader? How do you start your day? What is your first thought when the alarm goes off?
All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy.
~~
This is Day 1 of a taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at Sweet Tea & Friends, InstaEncouragements Link-Up

I hope your writing goes well, Jerralea. Can you share share what your book is about yet?
ReplyDeleteLois, my book is part of my fiction series in progress called "The Hesed Files," stories of how God uses His angels to participate in unfailing love and mercy. Book One, Morgan's Redemption, chronicles a family's journey through secrets, pain, bitterness, loss and transformation into children of God. I'm hard at work editing it, but I've also started on Book Two. I love the writing life!
ReplyDeleteThanks for asking, Lois!
much success with your writing. My best time is early morning out here on my deck with coffee, BIble, journal. Your series sounds really interesting!
ReplyDeleteI also use the Lectio app!! I like it in the evening and sometimes do the morning one as well.
Yay! I also use the app for Sunday afternoons. I really love using it.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you, Faith!
I love the idea of listening to something inspiring the night before to really impact your morning. I find I think about/dream about a lot of the things I have swirling in my head from the night before. So why not make it inspiring? For me, I start my day with scripture study and prayer over breakfast, which always fills my soul. :) Visiting from the Sweet Tea & Friends linkup.
ReplyDeleteI think it's so important what the last thing you listen to at the end of the day. So many listen to the 10 p.m. news broadcast!. I don't think that is conducive to the next day going well!
ReplyDeleteI used to get up at 0 dark :30 in the morning for my Scripture time, listen to K Love and worship. I've been using the You Version Bible App for years but now I read in bed so I can reflect on what I've read as I fall asleep. It quite calms me. So happy to hear your book is coming along. Sending hugs your way.
ReplyDeleteThanks bunches for sharing with Sweet Tea & Friends this month Sweet friend. I'm so happy you're here.