Tuesday, June 4, 2024

The Best Part of Our Efforts

 

Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
    Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Then you will have healing for your body
    and strength for your bones.
Honor the Lord with your wealth                                    and with the best part of everything you produce.  
Proverbs 3:7-9 New Living Translation

 

Father, 


I think this scripture is telling us to be humble, give You reverence, and live a good life, and healing will naturally follow.

 

Lord, I ask that for me and my friends today. I also ask that You touch anyone who needs it with Your healing touch today. Speak the word, Lord, and I know they will be better, and we will give You all the praise.

 

I’m also struck by the last part of this passage – to give You the best part of everything we produce. To me, that doesn’t just mean money, but all the things we spend our time doing. Give You the best part of our efforts. Lord, I commit to always give You my best.

 

May You be the focus of our lives! 


In Jesus name, so be it, amen.

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 


~~


Thanks for dropping by the Journey! I want to always share my post, A Ticket Home, for those who might not know the way Home.




1 comment:

  1. Those verses are such a reminder that we shouldn't think we know it all or know everything. We need to trust God, seek His guidance, and listen for His voice in everything we do. He'll never misguide us. Grateful you shared this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.