Thursday, March 9, 2023

It was meant to be ...

 


I passed by a historic church, the oldest in the county, gleaming white with a silver metal steeple reaching to the sky. Right next to it was an excavation lot with earth moving equipment parked helter-skelter, piles of earth and rock, even a semi-trailer turned into some type of storage shed. It was a mess.

 

As I drove by I thought, what a shame a church looking so pristine is next to such disorder.

 

Quickly the thought came to me, or maybe it’s awesome the church property is next to a piece of everyday life, a silent witness to the working man. God is here. He’s as close as your next step. He’s available throughout your day.

 

Nothing is by accident. Years ago, a congregation was prompted to build on that particular place. Maybe part of the reason was because God knew someday there would be workers on the job nearby.

 

It was meant to be.


~~


I'm honored you dropped by the Journey. Perhaps you might want to check out Jerralea.com for my latest post, His Love Reaches to the Heavens  or my latest series, Transformation: Becoming a Prayer Warrior.

Sharing at Grace and Truth

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 

 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE old traditional looking churches!! Ill be back to read your other posts......am rushing off to teach but come end of June I am DONE!! I'm retiring after several months of prayer and thought and husband's input.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith! How awesome you will soon be retired! I'm planning to retire in about 18 months. We'll get a lot of writing done then, eh?

      Delete
  2. What a great redirect of thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your insights here, Jerralea. We can be the bright spot in any neighborhood if we let our Love shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! After all, believers are His temple. We are the church wherever we go ...

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.