Monday, November 21, 2022

Praise Posts 2022 - #8 – Thankful I’m Being Transformed

 


Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 New Living Translation

 

If there ever was a time to change the way we think, I believe it is now. It seems the world has gone crazy. I certainly don’t want to do things the way my culture thinks I should.

 

Changing the way I think is not easy; but God has provided a way for me to do so by making His Word available. I’m so thankful for the Word! What would I ever do without it? How would I know what God is like? What pleases Him? What He expects from me? What provisions He has made for me?

 

All those things – and more – are found between the pages of the Holy Bible.

 

I do have to put effort into changing the way I think. I need to replace worldly thoughts with scripture. How can I do that if I don’t know what scripture says?

 

Most importantly, spending time talking with our Creator, hearing biblical preaching, and fellowshipping with the saints changes our point of view like nothing else.

 

 


 

Welcome to Praise Posts 2022!

 

In the midst of the crazy world we live, I’m more grateful than ever for the Word of God. Scripture gives me a firm foundation to stand upon when everything else seems shaky. It seems each day I crave His Word even more, and it speaks to me even more plainly than it ever has.

 

With that in mind, I’ve decided to make this year’s Praise Posts all about scripture. Beginning November 14 and running through November 24, I am planning to pick out 10 scriptures that meant the most to me in 2022 and do a Praise Post each day on one of them. I hope you’ll join me each day by posting one of your favorite scriptures in the comment section.

 

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy.


Previous Post: Thankful I'm Called by Name 

3 comments:

  1. Praise Posts. I love this, Jerralea! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with rest, hope, and celebration, friend. I’m grateful that we get to do this blogging life together …

    ReplyDelete
  2. His Word is life-giving! May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.